Important information of cost to ship vehicle to Hawaii
1. If you want to import a car from another country to U.S., you must follow the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s rules. International vehicle shipment through Ship Hawaii or any other shipping companies may be highly expensive.
2. If your vehicle is over 8 feet wide 21 feet 8 inches long or 7 feet high, you need to pay more than the standard shipping rate. Ship Hawaii and many other shipping companies also require the vehicle to have 4-5 inches of ground clearance.
3. Check your vehicle current market value. Consider whether your vehicle worth the cost of shipping it or exceed it.
4. If you lease the vehicle and a lien holder is named on your vehicle registration, you might be required to get a letter from the lien holder granting permission to ship vehicle to Hawaii. If you are leasing your vehicle, it might be difficult to get permission from your lien holder. But for military member, who are financing the vehicle toward ownership and are up-to-date on payments, should not have any problem to get permission.
5. New cars are generally more expensive to buy in Hawaii than on the U.S. mainland.Used cars can be cheap but must maintain a careful selection procedure because they can suffer from several damages.